BalfBlog 2.3 to be released this week ðŸ˜„
I'm very happy to announce that this week I will release version 2.3 of BalfBlog.
That's really it. But what BalfBlog 2.3 brings is a huge update, by far the biggest update since BalfBlog changed from JBlogs or perhaps since it changed to having it's own backend. 2.3 has brought so much that I don't have time to skip through the changelog to find all of the features it brought. I will name a few of the key features however:
- 2.3 moves to a more modular and better design of blogging system.
- Polls! They were created so long ago and yet I am now finally releasing this feature. It's not quite perfect but it should do for now.
- User biographies - write about yourself and become a narcissist.
- A lot, lot more Ajax - that means when you press a submit button, in most cases you will not leave the page to do this
- A new Administration section
- Move from PHP associative array and constants to a JSON file for the settings.
- Better subscriber and user management
- Export tools have been improved.
- New information section
- Moved from MySQLi to PDO, making the blog more efficient
- Template system has been brought back, allowing you to completely change the way a post is displayed
- New help desk feature allows remote login to help you setup and maintain your installation
- More flexible content management system
- Option to switch to CKEditor instead of TinyMCE.
- An update to the new post, update and delete backend appearance
- Soon to have a logo (hopefully in time for this release)
If you are interested in the next version of BalfBlog, let me know by getting in touch, I know the next version has one new website which is going to commit to using it instead of something like WordPress or Joomla which is great!