10 months down the line, what now do I think of my Nexus 7?
One of the most upsetting things that can happen with any technology is that it starts to die, or die prematurely. This is exactly what has happened with my Nexus 7.
Many others have complained as well. Here is a list of issues:
- When I rotate it from vertical to horizontal it takes about 7 seconds to flip.
- Music can't play in the background most of the time because it can't cope. It pauses the music and I have to resume it.
- Chrome takes about 15 seconds to create a tab, even if there are no other tabs
- Occasionally, going home makes the system crash and it takes me back to the login screen.
- Changing users takes about 10-15 seconds to change between two users on the login screen. I even decided to remove every other user on the tablet in the hope that it would make it faster.
- The battery life is subsequently wasted by all of this, and system restarts are frequently required. It also heats up considerably.
- Scrolling is never fluid - it just jumps.
This is a Nexus 7 32GB with 15GB of data. By the way, I have an iPad 16GB as well and have it almost full (11GB of data on it) and it still runs fine.