What this tutorial is
This tutorial will cover the language Visual Basic .NET. To most these can be referred to as simply Visual Basic 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 or 2012 and so on. For each year referred to previous corresponds a version of the .NET library.
- Visual Studio .NET
- Visual Studio .NET 2003 - .NET 2.0
- Visual Studio 2005 - .NET 3.0
- Visual Studio 2008 - .NET 3.5
- Visual Studio 2010 - .NET 4.0
- Visual Studio 2012 - .NET 4.5
This tutorial will cover .NET 3.0 particularly heavily, which gives a decent amount of backward compatibility as well as being a continuing standard for the future development.
You will need Visual Studio or some other IDE and compiler combination. You can download Visual Studio Express (free) here.
The style of this tutorial will follow the PHP tutorial on this website and will also follow a similar structure.
- Open the Visual Studio IDE.
- Open a new Visual Basic project.