A user interface is how we present our content on our websites. A good user interface would be:
- Simple – easy to understand and avoid unnecessary content
- Consistent – most if not all pages on the site look similar but with different content
- Laid out well – websites should follow a good layout pattern and use colour and different font styles to represent different things.
- Interactive – when a user expects to be able to click somewhere to do something (for example a link to another page) it would do just that.
- Easy to navigate – navigation should be easy to find and going between pages shouldn’t require you to think too much