The next few months will be a difficult few for me as I have to work much harder than normal on my university course.
Now in my final semester of my final year at university, I can finally see the end of it all and feel like I have the potential to finish it.
However, over this time I will likely end up neglecting my website and it's content. I may post a blog entry every so often but there will be no major content added to the site.
If you want to get in touch with me, feel free to contact me using the usual methods.
I'm very happy to announce today that I have now got my own 'mask icon' for my website.
Perhaps you have seen (if you use Safari on El Capitan) that many web pages get their own icons whilst others just get given the first letter of their title. Well now my website joins these sites.
Here is an example followed by my own mask icon.
So go on, pin my website to your Safari browser now to try it out!
Today I have decided as part of the refurbishment of my own blog, I will be removing the BalfBlog posts from my blog and putting them on the blog dedicated to my projects. This blog has also been running for some time and since it is the intended place for BalfBlog posts, this is where I will be putting them.
As well as this, I have chosen to move all of my posts about my Zenith Engine from my own blog to the ZenLang website and the blog dedicated to ZPE and ZenLang. I recently opened this blog but it has long been the aim to remove these from my blog.
I have plans to rename the blog dedicated to BalfBlog to my project blog, where I will put information about all of my main projects.
2015 is almost at an end. I'm now going to take a few moments to reflect on my website
Thank you for your continued support to my website and me in general! 2015 has been a big year for my website. It started off with me introducing DragonScript, a fast loading PHP script designed to make building my website easier. Indeed it does, and my website hasn't changed too much over the year either.
Some things have gone through a few transformations however. One of those is the sidebar, which looks great now. Small things like the footer joining in to the site links box also make subtle, nice changes to the website.
I also introduced a singular flatter theme to my website, reduced the number of different colours on the website down to 12 from 23 and focused more on the often neglected desktop section of the website.
I now ask a small favour of anyone reading this post. 2016 is the year the website needs renewed. If you like my website, I ask you to support me and my pledge with just £10. This would go a long way since it's expensive to host a website that brings in no money.
I'm afraid I had no real choice but since the information architecture on my website has changed significantly, I've had to remove all comments relating to the old architecture.
A significant number of comments were on articles and reviews and unfortunately have had to be removed.
I'm very happy to say that a big update has just been finished in relation to my website. I had been flattening some elements of my website and since becoming a far more competent designer, I very recently came up with an idea.
In 2014, I started to building styles that unintentionally left my website with no singular style, towards a much more gradient-based website. Early this year I pushed this further and my site was full of gradients and so on. Gradients are nice and everything, but they make things difficult when you want a consistent style.
Today and yesterday, I began to work on a new interface, known as 'Silver Orange' since the colours of choice and grays and oranges (there are very few other colours in the range).
Allow me to show you some examples.
The above images show the conclusion box on my website. You can find this in articles and reviews. It's new look removes gradients and flattens the interface by removing curved borders and box shadows.
The buttons are obviously more flat than they were before and the same goes for the whole form input design. I've also dropped the name Epic Form which has been in use since 2013.
The new bibliography fits in better with the new design
As well as flattening the interface of gradients, a lot of curved borders that have existed for the last few years have been removed and replaced with nice borders.
Finally, I have made my colour scheme far more obvious and consistent. You should notice this pretty much immediately.
So there you have it, the latest update to my website.
In just under one hour, the desktop version of my website will change to the Christmas theme for everyone! Since this is only the second year of me doing this, 2014 being the first, I am hoping to see the changes I have made over the last year to make the system flawless in action.
It's that time of year again!
I don't often post now about updating my website but as this is the first real change to my website since I designed the HTML structure of the page in November 2012 in version 2.0 of my website I am putting it up so I can remember this day.
You may know that my website is built with a structure that keeps the content and sidebar separate. This structure has followed the following pattern (each of these are IDs to divs on the page):
html > body > #container > #page > #main_content > #textZone > article > *
Where the * represents all of the content of the page. Now I have decided to drop #textZone and #main_content is now just #content:
html > body > #container > #page > #content > article > *